I earned my doctorate degree from Alliant University (formally CSPP), a clinically-focused graduate school. Clinical internships have included:
- Providing evaluation and psychotherapy at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital and Research Center in Oakland, California
- Neuropsychological testing and psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults in an acute psychiatric hospital setting (St. Helena Behavioral Health Center–formerly First Hospital Vallejo)
- Counseling middle school students at Martin Luther King Middle Middle School in Berkeley, CA
- Brief psychotherapy and neuropsychological testing for children, teens and adults in the Departments of Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente in both Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek, CA
I have over 17 years of experience in a behavioral medicine setting, providing consultation, evaluation, and brief treatment for adults within a large HMO in the Department of Internal Medicine. This included work with patients dealing with anxiety/panic disorder, depression, grief, adjustment issues, and co-morbid medical problems. In this setting, I also provided cognitive testing in addition to working with patients facing chronic illness; I focused primarily on short term behavioral and cognitive strategies to help with symptom reduction, long term coping skills, and healthy life style changes.
I have specialized training and interest in working with pediatric neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric disorders, such as Tics and Tourette’s Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Childhood Onset Mood Disorders.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Ego Defense Mechanisms and Empathy Among Urban Paramedics; Psychological Reports, 1995.